Notes and Limitations
- Please read the entirety of the guide before beginning. This is to accommodate nuances of your individual network administration structure.
- Begin with a computer that has download and install privileges, as well as access to the web app.
- When Tokbox features are first accessed through the app, a prompt will appear that guides you towards the correct version of the user-level plugin.
- Please contact Tokbox support if you are a paid support partner and require access to the machine-level plugin for IE.
- Open Control Panel and go to Programs and Features.
- Find ‘Media Plugin’. It may be easier to sort by Publisher and look for TokBox, Inc
- Highlight and click uninstall.
This may need to be done computer by computer depending on how your network is administered. For this reason, it’s important to double check that the app functions correctly on your initial test machine.
Upgrade and Troubleshooting
The user-level plugin auto-updates and will not require any intervention. If you are a support partner that is using the machine level plugin, auto-update is not supported and updates must be rolled out manually.
When upgrading the plugin, uninstalling the older version is not required but can be done as an initial troubleshooting step if necessary.
Confirm that add-on is enabled in Internet Explorer.
- Tools —> Manage Add-ons
- If not visible, select All add-ons under Show.
Note that each version of the plugin matches exactly with a corresponding version of the JS SDK. The webpage or app using the JS SDK will specify the version to be used. When the webpage/app is updated to a new version of the JS SDK, then PCs running the app must be upgraded to the new plugin version. If the roll out of the two does not happen at the same time there will be a version mismatch and an error will be displayed on screen when the JS SDK tries to run the plugin.