We are working hard to improve our support for Internet Explorer. Some current known limitations that may be encountered with IE are detailed below:
- The OpenTok Automatic Reconnection Feature does not work.
- Only one publisher can be added across all IE browser windows and tabs.
- Hiding the publisher or subscriber via CSS (style.display to none or visibility to hidden) causes a crash.
- Cannot subscribe to your own stream.
- Attempting to set the frame rate has no effect.
- The OpenTok plugin for Internet Explorer does not work in sandboxed iframes. This is an intentional limitation of the browser.
- Setting Audio volume level does not work - except for 0