Allowing your users to test their client and connection health is a great way to prevent problems during a live video session. Many times when users have a bad video experience, it's because their connectivity is poor but they are unaware of it. For example, they can be using a sub-optimal network and if they simply choose a better network, they'll have a productive positive experience.
- Connectivity to all TokBox servers
- OpenTok API server
- OpenTok Messaging WebSocket server
- OpenTok Media server
- Logging server
- Bitrate and packet loss statistics
- Hardware & software setup on the client (camera, microphone, browser).
When the test concludes, it provides a report that includes a downloadable text log that can be shared with a Support team.
- Pre-call Test Tool: For customers with an Account Portal account, you can use the tool here. additionally, the pre-call test tool is also now available without signing in to the customer account portal account.
- Alternatively, you can use the OpenTokDemo app that includes the Pre-call Test experience here. To test Safari and H.264 clients, use this site.
- Here is the link to the NPM module on npmjs.com: https://www.npmjs.com/package/opentok-network-test-js
- Here is the link to the source code in GitHub: https://github.com/opentok/opentok-network-test-js