When in a Vonage Video API session, I'm hearing an echo in the audio.
- Video API
- Audio Quality
To reduce echo:
- Reduce the volume of the speakers.
- Reduce the sensitivity of the microphone.
- Use headphones.
To determine the cause of echo:
- Join the session from a different computer. If the echo has reduced, you know that there is an issue with the hardware.
- Join a different chat room. If the echo has reduced, you know that there is an issue with this particular chat room caused by a different user. In this case, selective muting (muting people who are not talking) can help.
Echo that a user experiences is determined by the hardware (speaker and microphone) and the browser. Some of the reasons that a user might experience echo issues are:
- There are two publishers in the same physical room.
- Two publishers publishing from the same machine.