The OpenTok platform enables you to create a multi-platform app that runs on both computers and mobile devices (smartphones and tablets).
Your OpenTok app will work in desktop computers and laptops running any of the following browsers:
- Google Chrome (latest release version)
- Firefox (latest release version)
- Internet Explorer 10 and 11 (with the OpenTok Plugin for Internet Explorer)
- Opera (latest release version)
- Electron (latest release version)
- Safari (latest release version)
- Microsoft Edge. Full support for Chromium-based versions of Edge (version 79+), and beta support for non-Chromium versions of Edge (version 17+). For more information, see the OpenTok.js Edge beta page.
While OpenTok might work on other versions of these browsers, we do not officially support them.
Additionally, our mobile SDKs enable you to run your OpenTok app on mobile devices. We support the majority of recent versions of Android (4.1+) and iOS (8+).
If you are building web apps, your OpenTok app will also work with the following compatible browsers on Android and iOS:
- Google Chrome for Android (latest release version)
- Firefox for Android (latest release version)
- Safari for iOS (latest release version)
For additional information about iOS SDK requirements
For additional information about Android, SDK requirements see: https://tokbox.com/developer/sdks/android/.