The TokBox integration for Zendesk allows agents to escalate a live chat to live video and/or audio plus screen sharing, without leaving the Zendesk platform.
This integration creates a widget in the agent UI that provides the following features for Zendesk users:
- Create a video or audio meeting from the Zendesk Chat Agent view with the click of a button
- Easily share the meeting link and launch the video meeting without leaving Zendesk
- Allow both the agent and customer to share their screen for faster resolution times
The TokBox app for Zendesk requires a TokBox Account. Click here to sign up for free and get $10 of credits toward your account.
Q: Does it cost money to add TokBox to my Zendesk account?
A: No. It doesn't cost anything to add TokBox to your Zendesk account. Additionally, the first 2000 streamed subscribed minutes of usage generated from your account are also free, but after that you will be required to pay $9.99 per month to continue using TokBox, plus $0.005 per streamed subscribed minute of usage. See our pricing page for more info.
Q: How do I get my TokBox API Key and Secret?
A: All TokBox projects have an associated API Key and Secret which are used for connecting to the OpenTok platform. To get your API Key and Secret:
- Sign up for a TokBox free trial account (or login to your current TokBox account if you already have one)
- Visit your Account Dashboard
- Create a new project (or visit an existing project if you have one)
- Choose OpenTok API (not Embed)
- Find the API Key and Secret at the top of your Project overview page and copy each one
- Paste into Zendesk integration
- Integration is complete - you can see the app on the side panel of Zendesk to create a meeting
Q: After installing TokBox on my Zendesk account, how do I use it?
A: Once you install TokBox on your Zendesk account and configure your API Key and Secret, you will be able to add the TokBox widget to your Agent interface just like any other Zendesk app. See this article for more information.
Q: Can I customize the way the live chat interface looks?
A: Currently the live chat client interface is not customizable in Zendesk, but you can create a custom application using the OpenTok API. Visit the Developer Center for more info on building a custom app.
Q: Zendesk keeps saying my TokBox API Key and Secret are invalid - what do I do?
A: If you see this error, first go to your app settings in Zendesk and make sure that you have an API Key and Secret set for your TokBox app (you get these credentials from creating a project in your Account Dashboard). If you've already done this, you may need log out of your Zendesk account to see the changes take effect.
Q: How many people can join a live video or audio chat at once?
A: An agent can share a meeting URL with other agents or customers if desired. There is currently no limit to the number of simultaneous participants allowed in the chat, but we recommend not exceed 4-5 participants per chat to maximize call quality.
Q: How do I learn more about TokBox?
A: TokBox makes it easy to add live interactive video and audio to any web or mobile application. You can learn more about TokBox's platform features at tokbox.com/platform or visit our Developer Center to learn more about the OpenTok API.
Q: Where do I go if I need help using TokBox?
A: For technical assistance, visit our Help Center. If you'd like to talk to a business representative, you can submit an inquiry from our Contact Sales page.