- What happens if an ( invalid / misspelt ) stream id was used in the REST API call?
- Why does some stream(s) not appear in final recording?
- Why did some stream(s) not assume the expected layout based on the layout class assigned via REST API call?
In a composed archiving session with custom layout, the specific layout class for the streams involved can be set in one or more of the following ways:
- Before the streams even start via session tokens.
- Dynamically while the streams are being streamed via REST API calls.
- The API call will require the stream id of the stream being targeted.
Sometimes when using the REST API call, an invalid stream id (for e.g. a stream id from another session) might be used.
If an invalid stream id was used in the REST API call to apply layout class on a stream:
- The layout class will not be applied.
- If the stream has no layout class, it will not appear in the composed recording.
- For the API call, there should be a HTTP response status of 404 (Not Found).
- For other response statuses, please refer to the REST API reference linked above.