Configuring the session monitoring callbacks to receive real-time session events for your Vonage Video API projects and monitor your session activity from your app server.
- Vonage Video API
- Session Monitoring
Session monitoring callback URL can be configured within the account portal. Whenever a Session event is detected, i.e., Connection is created or destroyed; Stream is created or destroyed, a HTTP POST request is issued from the OpenTok infrastructure to your registered callback URL.
Callback URL can be configured by the registered Admin or Developer of your
Vonage Video API account.
To register a callback:
- Log in to your Vonage Video API Account.
- From the left menu, choose the desired Account.
- Select a Project for which you want to register a session monitoring callback.
- Scroll down to Project Settings.
- Under Session Monitoring, click on the button.
- Configure the callback URL and submit.
7. A popup with "callback URL configured" will appear if the callback is successfully registered.
8. If the registered callback URL cannot be reached, a popup with "Configuration failure" will appear. Kindly double-check your callback URL and the server hosting the URL and Retry.
To remove the registered callback:
- Under Session Monitoring, click on the Remove option.
2. Click on the Confirm Removal to remove the configured session monitoring callback.
For additional information about Session monitoring, see our developer documentation on Session Monitoring.