Configuring the archive monitoring callbacks to receive notifications when an archive's status changes.
- Vonage Video API
- Archive Monitoring
Archive monitoring callback URL can be configured within the account portal. Each archive goes through multiple states throughout the lifespan of the archive. For every status update that occurs, a HTTP POST request is issued from the OpenTok infrastructure to your registered callback URL. This is particularly useful for triggering the post-processing of an archive or performing any necessary administrative tasks after an archive has been uploaded to persistent storage.
Callback URL can be configured by the registered Admin or Developer of your
Vonage Video API account.
To register a callback:
- Log in to your Vonage Video API Account.
- From the left menu, choose the desired Account.
- Select a Project for which you want to register a session monitoring callback.
- Scroll down to Project Settings.
- Under Archiving, click on the button.
- Configure the callback URL and submit.
7. A popup with "callback URL configured" will appear if the callback is successfully registered.
8. If the registered callback URL cannot be reached, a popup with "Configuration failure" will appear. Kindly double-check your callback URL and the server hosting the URL and Retry.
To remove the registered callback:
- Under Archiving, click on the Remove option.
2. Click on the Confirm Removal to remove the configured archive monitoring callback.
For additional information about Archive monitoring, see our developer documentation on Monitoring archives.
For more details about Archive status changes, see our developer documentation on archives status change.